Thursday, October 18, 2007

Happy Birthday to me!

Well, today is my Birthday! Happy Birthday to me!!!

So, guess what I got to do today? I got to wake up at 6:00 in the morning to get ready to drive into the city for an appointment at Children's for Anna to get filling number 7 and 8. I don't think I have had that many cavities in my life time ( I'm not giving out my age for anybody who doesn't already know)! Her appointment was at 9:00 in the morning, and it took two hours to drive through traffic! If I was smarter I guess I would try to find a local area pediatric dentist to take care of my 6 year old's very weak teeth. I just really trust children's with all of Anna's care. If anything were to happen we are right near the main hospital, and they have her medical charts and everything. They are so good at this dental office, we have never had a problem. They just know how to deal with kids, and they are used to taking care of kids with medical problems. You can't get an appointment unless the child is already a patient at the hospital, or you are a sibling of that child.

Anyway, it still doesn't stop me from being totally fed up with Chicago traffic, and trying to wake a sleeping child who really values her sleep (just like mommy)! We did however make it out of the house on time to stop for coffee and hot cocoa! We made it there on time, we had the first appointment, and Anna was as good as gold, again, as always! That is one part that makes it so much easier on me, and the dentist. She even got three stickers, a toy, and a little book because the dentist and his assistant were so grateful to not have to fight with her. That's my girl! Apart from the morning traffic, everything ran smoothly!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since Anna couldn't come to visit baby Noah last Saturday, we stopped by Jenny's house on the way home. Anna was in love, just as Mary and I were when we visited him in the hospital! She couldn't get enough of him, it was sweet. I just had to make sure to sit close to her while she held him because she was just a little on the rough side.

She wants a baby borther now!