Sunday, October 28, 2007

Fun Fair

It was fun fair night at the girl's school Friday night. Unlimited games, face painting, a big bouncy, a maze and bake sale. They had a blast. But of course, once again, my camera lost battery power. I don't understand why my camera sucks up this much battery, it's not even a very good one! I was able to take a picture of the girl's faces when we got home with their little 1.2 mega pixel cameras! The guy that was doing the face painting used to paint faces for Cats! He did it, it was worth the 40 minute line for sure! Mary got a Tiger face and Anna got a butterfly. Of course Anna's makeup was just about wiped off by the time we came home, but Mary was very careful about her makeup.






Alex was not feeling well at the fair, and was not up for face painting at all! She did, however, stand in line like a very good two year old. That is not in her character though. I expected to have to chase her around, I told the girls not to follow me if I took off. Poor baby, when we got home she felt warm. I took her temperature and it was 102.2! She continued to have afever through the night, and all day Saturday. Today she is fine, she must have just been fighting off a bug.



*I started this post Sunday afternoon, it is now early Monday morning*


This morning I dropped my Mother in law off for surgery. She is having a biopsy done on a lump that is directly under her left breast. The surgeon we saw last Wednesday wanted to get it out and biopsied as soon as possible. I did not see this coming. She just had a PET scan done last April that found a mass in the middle of her chest. It was biopsied and found to be benign. It was such a relief. But, it's only been a few months since then, and she is going through another biopsy. The surgeon said that he really didn't like the feel of this lump, and it needed be taken care of right away. To see the surgeon on a Wednesday, and have surgery scheduled only 5 days later is scary, but I am so grateful that he is on top of it. Please say a prayer. She should be able to go home later this afternoon, and results won't come back until this Wednesday afternoon, or early Thursday. Depending on the results of this biopsy, we might hold off on the study I talked about in my last post.