Thursday, January 22, 2009

Biopsy results:(

Dr. Ekong called me today to tell me that Anna's biopsy showed rejection. I can't even believe this, she has NEVER had rejection before. I talked to Dr. Ekong and then Joan our liver nurse and they are also in disbelief. Even the blood they took on Tuesday, the day of the biopsy didn't show anything suspicious

I am feeling super guilty right now. I made the decision to go ahead with this study, and now I feel like I put my daughter in jeopardy.

She is not being admitted right now. They put her high doses of Prednisone and back on Prograf. Now we need to monitor her level of Prograf and watch her numbers to make sure they stay were they should be. They don't plan on doing another biopsy after her treatment, they are just going to watch her labs and if they stay down they will just assume the medication took care of it. Well if they didn't see this in her blood work the same day the biopsy was done, how are they going to know if or when the treatment is working? I don't get it.

Anyway, she is pulled from the study. They will not try this again which is fine with me. I just want her to stay healthy.

Why did we try to fix what was not broken? Man I am a mess right now!

Tuesday, January 20, 2009


Anna had her biopsy today. Everything went well, we will know the results in a few days. I'll update then because it's been a long day, right now I'm sleepy, doing laundry, trying to get the kids to bed, need to work on an assignment for one of my classes, and I have to get up at 5am for another 8 hour day at the hospital for my clinicals.