Saturday, October 20, 2007

Early Holloween!

I know I should wait until Halloween to post pictures of the girls in their costumes, but I couldn't wait! They look so darned cute! There was a Halloween party at the park district building here in town last night. I wasn't going to go, but I was convinced by a friend who was taking her kids too. Since I didn't have Anna's snow white wig yet, I had to run to the Disney Store to pick one up. I was pleasantly surprised to see that all of their Halloween stuff was 40-50% off! So, I got a wig for only $6.50! Then I had to try to get the kids ready, and since I wasn't planning on going in the first place, I was rushed and flustered, but I figured it's better to get more than one wear out of the costumes.. It turned out that I had all three of my girls ready before my friend Michelle had her two ready. They both had pirate costumes on, but they didn't have to get their hair done. Here is a picture of all of them getting ready to go to the party.

Mary was Elizabeth Swan from Pirates of the Caribbean, Anna was snow white, Alex was a pretty ballerina (Anna's old recital costume), and both Hunter and Maya were pirates.
010


They had a blast. There were games, trick or treating, a costume contest, and a magic show! They had many different categories for the costume judging. I thought for sure Alex would win in the prettiest baby, or prettiest costume categories. I know she is mine, and it's my Job to think this, but compared to all the other babies, she was by far the prettiest, the cutest, and her hair wasn't all over the place. I worked so hard on keeping it that perfect bun. It's not like I am one of those pageant moms, but I really thought she should have won that cheap plastic trophy! Actually, all three of mine should have one! Anna was pissed, even though there were so many snow whites, nobody else had the wig, or the red lipstick! HA HA! Same with Mary, there were so many other pirates, but she had the best, and she was the only Elizabeth Swan Pirate!