Thursday, February 28, 2008

Brilliant.....AND Nurturing!

Jason started teaching Alexandria, a couple weeks ago, how to write her name. Ever since then she has been obsessed with writing letters. Never a bad thing. She has this fort builder that she got for Christmas, and look what she did with the pieces!



I know she didn't put the letters in order to actually spell her name, but she did include each letter from what we have taught her (we have only taught her to spell ALEX because ALEXANDRIA is a little long!). I had to stand up on the arm of the couch to get all the letters in one shot. I just can't believe how smart this child is. She is not even three yet! I know I am bragging, but I don't care. She is my child and I have a right to brag, what mother doesn't?

Also, I finally got to babysit for Noah. I haven't had a chance to have him all to myself yet. Not that I don't like to have Jenny around, because I really do, but it was a lot of fun to take care of Noah on my own. I little taste of what it might be like to mother a boy. Just a little taste though, Alex actually hogged him pretty good. Her Mommy instinct kicked in full blast today, and she was really protective and nurturing to Noah. She helped feed him, she looked after him in the back seat of the car while we took a ride to bring Anna to school and Grandma to radiation, she got me his diaper and wipes when I needed them, she rocked him in his carrier to get him to fall asleep, (we could probably ignore the fact that she woke him up right after he feel asleep because she wanted to play with him again), she got him toys to play with, held him.....the list can go on. So much fun! I just adore this little boy, and obviously so do my girls. Adorable, just adorable!











~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I might not post again until next Thursday night. I am working on a Montage for Anna's 6th transplant anniversary, coming up on the 6th of March, that I will post when I'm done, along with an update about how clinic goes on Thursday too! We have a long day next week at Children's. We have to be there at 7:30 to have an ultrasound, then go for labs, then breakfast at McDonald's (inside the hospital), transplant clinic and we have to schedule for a biopsy (routine) and talk to the doctors about the withdrawal study I have mentioned in the past. Then we are going to stop on the way home to have lunch at Jason's cousin's restaurant.
Wish us luck!