Monday, February 25, 2008

Treatment has started

I love my mother in law. She means the world to me and I hate that she has to go through cancer treatment.

She was diagnosed with breast cancer in October and she has had five surgeries since her diagnoses. I would have never imagined it would take this long to start radiation, but they wanted to make sure they got all of the nodes that the cancer would travel to. She also needed time to heal between surgeries and before she could start radiotion. While I know that she has a good prognoses, all of this has really taken a toll on our family. Stage 1 is a really good stage to be at (if you have to be at one), and no chemotherapy is great! But the fact remains that she still has cancer, and she is tired of all of this already, and treatment has just started....TODAY! Going everyday for 5 weeks is going to be hard for her.

She doesn't deserve this. Nobody ever deserves this. We need to find a cure.

A good friend of mine who lives in Seattle is doing The Breast Cancer Three Day this year in honor of my mother in law, mother to Jason, wife to Bill, and Grandmother to Mary, Anna, and Alexandria. Lynne.


We love you so much Ma! Go on and fight cancer's but!