Monday, March 17, 2008

When will people mind their own business?

We went shopping at Kohl's last night for Easter dresses for the girls. Alexandria was acting like the typical two year old, running around the store, hiding in the clothing racks, pulling clothes off the hangers, stuff like that. I had finally had enough so I put her in one of those stroller carts. She wasn't very happy about it, but I didn't want to chase her around the store anymore. I wanted to look around with the Jason and the girls and see how they looked when they tried on dresses. So, Mary and Anna go into a dressing room and Jason and I wait outside of the dressing room by the girls' clothes browsing some more. Alex is crying to get out of the cart. Jason gets a dirty look from some random shopper that I didn't catch. I hear this lady tell Jason, "I think she wants to get out!" I turn around thinking that it was a sarcastic comment made by some knowingly mother, so I say, "you think?" But then I see her face, and I hear Jason telling her to mind her own business I knew she wasn't just being sarcastic. After that I said, "Are you serious, your actually serious?" She goes on to tell us that she can't stand to see a child restrained and how would we like it if it were us! She was acting as though she caught us beating our child! Oh, my goodness! I was almost speechless! Comments were made back and forth. She was calling us bad parents! So I ask her, "I'm sorry, but is it terrible that we don't want her running around the store destroying everything, or getting lost and snatched up by some creep? This makes us bad parents?" Gosh, I don't' remember the conversation exactly, but I started getting loud and Jason had to pull me away before I went after that B@*%#!!!!!! What gave her the right to try to tell someone that they were bad parents, and how to be a good parent? What makes someone think that they can just go around telling people what to do? I am still fuming about this! Why did Jason hold me back? I would have felt so good to slap that woman right across the face!