Monday, March 10, 2008

Kids say the darnedest!

It's been hard for me to post because I wanted my priviest post to stay up because of the montage. Problem solved though, I was able to put a small player on my sidebar! How exciting!

Anyway, I just had to post this. Everyone I've told has cracked up over this. We were at church on Sunday. We are still new to going to church, and I don't think I have really blogged about it yet, but that is something I can always get into later. Anyway, the Bishop led us in prayer after the sacrament. In his payer he mentions Jesus Christ (not something unusual at church, right?). Mind you, everyone is silent, even most of the kids. This gave my lovely, new to attending church, almost three year old daughter, the opportunity to ask about Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ??????!!!!!!

Who the heck is that??????!!!!!!

Who the heck is Jesus Christ??????!!!!!!

Jesus Christ?????!!!!!!!

It took everything I had to NOT laugh at her, but at the same time I was so embarrassed. Same with Mary and Anna, and almost everyone in the church! She was so loud! Guess we need to attend Church more frequently! LOL


So, this also reminded me of some similar things the older girls have said that was hilarious, and we all still talk and laugh about today!

Anna had a stomach bug once. I felt bad for her because she was on the toilet all day. She was probably almost three years old in the summertime. Anyway, she is sitting on the toilet for the umpteenth time that day. I walk into the bathroom and I ask her in a very sincere tone, "Anna, have you got the runs?" She looks up at me and she says, "no Mommy, the Cubies get the runs!"

Maybe this is not funny to some if you don't know Chicago Cubs baseball. During the 7th inning stretch they have someone lead the stadium in singing, "take me out to the ball game," and when the song is over they say, "lets get some runs!" This a big thing in our household, we all stop to sing along, and that's where Anna got, "no Mommy, the Cubies get the runs!" LOL


And now we get to Mary. Probably about the same age, 2, almost 3. A dear friend of ours comes over and we decide to go to the Chinese Buffet across the street for dinner. Of course Buffet means all you can eat, which means we all stuffed ourselves. So, we get home and Victor (our friend) is moaning and groaning. He says, "Oh man, I feel fat!" Mary says to him, in a very matter of fact tone of voice, "but Victor, you ARE fat!" LOL! Don't worry, his feeling weren't hurt and he still laughs about it to this day!

Don't kids say the darnedest things?