Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Mother in law update

The results of the biopsy are in. Jason's mom has breast cancer. She has known since Halloween day, but I haven't had the energy to write on here. Also, it wouldn't have been right to post about it before other family members and friends were told. Lynne is in good spirits about it. She has either stage one or two, we'll know more once they run further tests and she sees her oncologist. She has an appointment for the 19th of this month. I will update when I get more information.

This news has really hit me hard. My mother in law is my best friend, and she means the world to the girls. Jason also took the news hard, this IS his mom we're talking about! We did tell the girls. Jason has a way of explaining things to them in terms they can understand. Alex obviously doesn't understand. Anna was ok about it too. Mary, cried, a lot. It didn't help that we had just watched the movie "Stepmom" together a few nights before we got the news. What she doesn't understand is that not everyone who gets cancer dies, and that is what she thinks will happen to her Grandma. We told her that we have every reason to hope that it will turn out to be ok. She is afraid that if Grandma looses her hair she might accidentally look at her funny and hurt Grandma's feelings. I guess I didn't realize, either, that Mary has come to the Children's with us many times, and classifies the kids with no hair as kids that have cancer. As it looks right now, Chemotherapy might not have to be done, but I can't guarantee it won't need to be. Please pray for her.

I will try to update soon, I have been working on this post for 4 days now! I have been finding it hard to sit at the computer with so much going on. Today the girls had their flu shots. Alexandria has developed a high fever. I don't know if it is a side effect from the shot, or it's a coincidence and she has some sort of a virus. She hasn't let me leave her side, that is what she does when she doesn't feel well. She is sleeping on the couch now, probably until her Motrin kicks in, then she'll be back to her normal self. Hopefully.