Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The flu, I think

So, remember when I said that we were all feeling better? Scratch that.

The night before last, I think the night I wrote my previous post, I went to bed early, a lot earlier than usual. I just felt worn out. I woke up the next morning with a temperature of 102.7! I laid in bed all day ( thank God Jason was off yesterday ). I can't control my cough at all, and I had sharp stomach pains, not to mention my whole body ached. I sent Mary to school yesterday morning, even though she woke up that night with a temperature. In the morning she was fine, and she didn't want to miss orchestra practice for a concert that was last night. Anna was fine. Alex was fine. Go figure, the two you would think should have it the worst. Anna because she is immune suppressed, and Alex because she is so little. I was able to make it ( just barley ) to Mary's first Orchestra concert last night. I was the one in the front row coughing, the one everyone hates. Too bad though, I couldn't miss her very first concert. This morning I had to call Mary in sick from school, and Jason had to call into work. Jason has it now. He is laying in bed as we speak, and he looks and feels the way I did last night.

I think it's the flu. These symptoms are very similar to the ones we had last year. I just don't understand, we all had the flu shot this year. Last year it was only Anna and Alex, and they both got it anyway. I know that the shot doesn't cover every strand of the flu, so of course we got a strand not covered. But, that doesn't explain why Anna and Alex didn't get it. Are they any extra covered because they had the flu shot 2 years in a row? Hmmm, guess we'll never know.