Sunday, January 15, 2006

Yes, I Am One Of Those Parents!

Last night we went to see "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" I just had to get out of the house, I felt cooped up and just had to get out and do something. At 7:30 in the evening mentioned the way I felt to Jason and asked him if maybe he felt the same. He said he did, but wondered what we would do at that time of the night, and we had already had dinner, so going out to eat was out of question. Ever since Narnia came out Mary has been dropping hints to go see it, so I brought that up. I think Jason is one of the only people that hasn't read the book. He didn't understand what all the fuss was about, but I promised him it would be good. The only thing that held us back was the next show time didn't start until 9:00, and we had no one to watch the baby. Jason's parents would have watched her in a second, but they were out at a company "Holiday party" (a little late, you think?) So....did I want to be one of those annoying parents that brought the fussy crying baby to the theater? After discussing it for a while, Jason and I decided that we should just go ahead and go. It's not like the girls had anything to do today, they could sleep in late after being up till midnight (long movie), and Alex is always so good wherever we go, I didn't think she would make too much noise and figured that it would be about bed time when we got to the theater and she would pass out soon after the movie started. It turned out to work out fine. We got there and Alex was oooing, and awwwing about everything. She thought it was pretty cool! We got our seats, then Jason Mary and Anna went to get goodies (note to self, offer to do that job next time) They came back with popcorn, pretzel bites, 2 large pops, and two boxes of candy! I wanted so bad to holler at Jason, but he is such a softey when it comes to what the girls want, and he doesn't mind eating it either! We were having such a good time, I didn't want to spoil anything. They came back just as the movie started, I guess the lines at the concession stand were long. Besides a couple of outbursts from Alex, she was good! She sat with us, ate popcorn, and even had a few sips of pop. One time she started chanting DaDa, but I think she just needed to hear her own voice. Since she was talking over the loud speakers, she was being loud. The people if front of me glared in our direction, but she stopped almost as soon as she started so they didn't get too mad. A little while later she started to get sleepy, but tried to fight it, she didn't want to miss a thing! It wasn't long after that when she finally drifted off to her own land of Narnia! That was probably only half an hour after the movie started, and she was out for the rest of the time. It was great! Mary and Anna even stayed awake for the whole thing! When we went to see "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire", she fell asleep half way through. It was probably all the candy and pop this time around! Mary has always been good at staying up, even better than me! Narnia was a great movie, we all enjoyed it. The outing with all three of them was fun, and turned out ok! I might even do it again some day. I do know that the next time I go to the theatre and there is a fussy baby, or loud kid, I won't think twice. Sometimes you gotta just do it.