Friday, January 06, 2006

Anna's turn to be the big sister!

When I found out I was pregnant with Alexandria I was shocked, not only were we not planning another baby but I was on the pill! I thought maybe this would be our boy. Jason and I knew we would have another baby, but not this soon. I only wanted one more, and wanted it to be a boy so that I could be done having baby's and concentrate on the three. Well, we all know how that turned out. So, now I have three girls and a dream of having a boy some time in the future. Jason is an only child and this would be the last chance to carry on his name. As for me, I just want a boy! For right now there is no plan for another anytime soon, but that doesn't mean God has a different plan for us! Alexandria is the sweetest baby, and I wouldn't trade her in for anything in the world, not even a boy! She has THE cutest personality for a 9 month old. She already says HI, she also tries to say Anna but calls almost everyone else Da Da. When she sees something interesting she will say oohhh, or DA? (like, what the heck is that?). She has been crawling for two months now, but now that she has it down and she is a speed crawler. She pulls herself up on furniture and has been doing that for about a month and a half. She cruises along furniture, and has four teeth. She won't touch baby food anymore, except for the cereal and fruit. She is growing up too fast!

Before Alexandria was born, I was worried. Anna has been the center of everyone's attention for almost four year at that time, I thought she was going to be jealous of the new baby because she wouldn't be the center of the universe anymore. 9 months have gone by since Alex was born and not one sign of jealousy from Anna. I have to say that I am still shocked. Anna loves her baby sister. It reminds me so much of how Mary was towards Anna when Anna was born. Now that Alex is getting older, Anna is able to do more with her. If Anna has to take a bath, she wants Alex in there with her. When it is Alexandria's turn, Anna has to be in there with her no matter what. Anna taught Alex how to splash, and I mean splash big. The bathroom floor is always really wet after their bath. I took some pictures of them in the tub together the other day. Anna and Alex remind me so much of how Mary and Anna were. There are some things that Anna can't do, like change a diaper, spoon feed baby food and carry her around like Mary does. That really frustrates Anna. She wants to be able to do what Mary does. I have also noticed that some things Anna does, or says to Alex are the same things Mary did with Anna. Mary is passing down her good big sister skills for Anna to use with Alex. Alexandria is a very lucky baby, she has both of her big sisters to show her love and attention. She could never be board. I love the way she looks at them, with such love in her eyes, and envy. It warms my heart. I pray that they will be close as they grow older. Out of the five sister that I have, I am only close to two of them. It's sad really, but I guess if I think about it there is a 25 year gap between the oldest sister and the youngest sister, not to mention the five boys scattered around in the mix of us, with me the third from the youngest. When I was born my two oldest sisters were not living in my parents house anymore. So what's my point, I guess I kind of went off the subject, but I just hope that they are always this close:
Alexandria and Anna having a blast splashing in the tub!
IM001044
IM001041
IM001037

Mary feeding Alexandria her morning cereal.

IM001050
IM001051
Just hanging out!
IM000940