Monday, October 10, 2005

Happy Birthday Angel Sarah

My dear friend Colleen lost her beautiful baby girl Sarah when she was only a little over a year old. She was listed for a Liver and Small Bowel Transplant, but didn't receive her gift of life on time. Today would have been her fourth birthday. Although I have never met Sarah's mother Colleen, she is a dear friend to me, and was in my thoughts and prayers today as she had to deal with not being with her baby girl on her birthday. We both have had three girls at about the same time, so this got me thinking today. How very lucky I am to still have Anna with us, as well as my other girls. It is not fair that Colleen couldn't wake up happy today on Sarah's birthday. To not be able to give her a kiss. To have to go to the cemetery to visit her on her birthday. My heart goes out to you Colleen. We love you.

Today the girls and I decided to give Sarah a little something on her birthday. We flew up 4 pink (Anna thought she would like pink) balloons for the little Angel in heaven with love notes written on two of them, and on the others the girls drew smiley faces. Happy Birthday Little Angel Sarah, We Love You!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com