Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Half Birthday's!

Today Alexandria turns 6 months old, in another half year we will be celebrating her first birthday, but for today we will celebrate her half year birthday!

Some people think this is weird, but we always celebrate our baby's 6 month birthday. The story behind it: When Mary turned 6 months old my in-laws, who we lived with at the time, came home with half a birthday cake and a couple small presents for her. I didn't think much of her turning 6 months old that day, but her Gama and Papa sure did. Mary was their first and only grandchild since Jason is an only child, so they made a big deal out of everything and spoiled her rotten. It turned out to be a sweet day, and it was fun to celebrate something in the month of March which is a pretty boring month anyway.

Today I was trying to remember if we had a party for Anna for her 6 month birthday. I was going through some pictures and came across these:

Here is the cake and a sign Anna's nurses made for her! Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Daddy giving Anna a taste of cake
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com


After seeing these I remembered that I wasn't there with her for her 6 month birthday. It had been only one week since her liver transplant. Anna was still in the hospital and I was home recovering my operation. I didn't listen to the doctors when they told to take it easy. I wanted to be at the hospital with her as much as I could, and it wore me out to the point that I could not go on that day. I was in too much pain from being there with Anna those first few days after being discharged from the hospital myself. Leaning over the crib, feeding her, and anything else I could do for her. I felt so guilty for not being there with her during her transplant, and those critical hours afterwards, I guess I felt I had to make up for it. I didn't remember missing the party, until I saw these pictures. I think Jason kept it on the down low so that I wouldn't feel bad and make myself go when I knew I needed to rest.

Today I will go to the grocery store and try to find a half cake, for Alexandria. Maybe get her a little something. Thank you Dad and Mom for making half birthday's special!
Alexandria on HER special day, cake comes later tonight!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com