Saturday, September 17, 2005

My now 4 year old

Well, Anna's birthday came and went. She is 4 years old now and in preschool, she is growing up so fast. Her first day of school went well. The first day was actually a one hour orientation for the students and parents, so her real first day wasn't until the day after her birthday. On Anna's birthday we had a little family party with pizza, cake and presents. It was nice, Grandma and Papa came over to celebrate with us. Anna is so such a sweet girl, after every present she opened she had to get up and give each of us a great big hug, and the thank yous' were never ending. It's hard to believe that she is 4 already, it's seems that it was just yesterday she was born.


Here are some birthday pictures. I especially love the one where she is holding up her four fingers!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com


On her first day of school she had a great day! We had to go for labs in the morning and since the ride is so long to the hospital at that time of day we were talking about school and what she thought she would do on her first day, about the friends she would meet and what she would learn. She seemed to be very excited about the whole thing and we talked for almost the whole ride (about an hour on that subject)then our conversation veered off onto a different subject and wasn't thought about again until after we went for labs and while we were eating breakfast at McDonald's. Anna suddenly came up with the fact that she was scared to go to preschool and she didn't want me to leave her there by herself. I was shocked by this comment, I thought she was ok with the idea. I just let her know that it would be fine, she would have fun and I would be right back for her before she knew it. By the time we got to grandma's house to pick up the baby and left for school Anna seemed fine. When we got to school, and the teachers opened the door for the kids Anna ran in before she said goodbye to me. I had to call out after her to give me a hug, she came running back to me, gave me a hug and kiss and ran back in. So, I left my four year old at school all by herself and she was fine without me. All I could do was sit in my car and cry, wipe my tears, then try to find something for Alex and I to do for 2 hours. When it was time to pick her up she seemed to have had a good day (but she wouldn't tell me much) We went and played in the school playground. There were a couple girls from school playing too, and they all played very nicely together and I got to know their mothers. Alexandria got to go on a park swing for the first time, she loved it! Anna and one another girl from preschool took turns pushing her, very gently, on the swing. That night when I went to tuck the girls in for bed Anna told me that she couldn't wait to go back to school the next day. My heart broke when I had to tell her that she was only going two days a week. She got very upset, poor thing thought she would go everyday like her big sister. It took a long time to settle her down and explain to her why it was only twice a week, and that Mary did that too when she went to preschool. Poor thing, I felt so bad for her, but it made me realize how much fun she had, and how much she will enjoy school all year!

Here are some pictures of Anna's first day of school, and at the park afterwards
Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

I got the results of Anna's blood tests the other day too. Her Prograf level came back at the level they want it to be which is great, so we can go for three months without labs if all continues to go well. Her fasting blood sugar was normal at 95, and the other test which gives the average sugar for the past three months also came back normal. So, we will keep watching her because it is still a mystery why her sugar shot up so high those couple of times, but we won't stress about it either.

Thanks for checking in on us, we still have Mary's birthday to go yet and more days of preschool so there will be a lot more to share soon. Take care!