Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Back to normal

Well, a couple weeks since Anna's wish and we are all getting back to normal. There is so much going on for the month of September, including Anna's birthday next week, her first day of preschool and Mary's birthday only five days after Anna's. Last week Anna started gymnastics, and Mary started Hip Hop dance. I signed them up for the same time and same place so that is saves me an extra trip during the week. Mary was excited to see that a friend from school was in her class, and Mary's friend's little sister was in Anna's class. Anna was a natural, no fear at all. Jason and I both agree that she looks like a natural doing the tumbling. A lot of the other kids weren't too sure, but Anna was out there doing her thing like she had been doing it for years. Anna is such a wild child it didn't surprise me at all. I think Ballet was a little too structured for her. What a difference from her crying for me on the first day of Ballet last year, and almost forgetting to say goodbye this year. At least I know that she will be ok with me not being there in preschool, although I will try to volunteer to help out when they need it. This will be the first class that Anna will take that I will actually leave the building while she is in. I am a little nervous, but it is only twice a week and for only two hours each day. I am embarrassed that I haven't gotten a Medic Alert bracelet for her until just recently, but I was always with her or she was always with someone like her granparents that know everything about her. It will give me piece of mind when I leave her at preschool (trust me, before I got the bracelet I actually thought about sitting in the building for the two hours, how embarrassing.)

Here is a picture of her with her bracelet, she actually like the fact that she has a bracelet that she has to wear all the time, I thought it would be a challenge.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I am excited for her she gets board with Mary not around, so this will give her something to do. Another thing that I like about this preschool is that she will have the same teachers that Mary had when Anna was sick, so they know us and they are also excited that they now have Anna. They told me that if she was anything like Mary, it's gonna be great! Mary has always been a good student, good listener and "played well with others." Boy, they will be in for a shock. Anna is nothing like Mary. She is hyper, she tells tall tales (you wouldn't believe some of the things she comes up with) she is a bully, and likes to be the center of attention and tries to be funny so I think she will get the class clown title. I have a feeling I will be getting a lot of phone calls from teachers with this one.

Another thing coming up for us this September aside from a two cousins that have birthday's coming up, and a friends birthday party this coming weekend, a house warming party, and oh yes transplant clinic this week. On the 25th we are going to the Make a Wish 20th homecoming celebration. This will be great time to meet with other wish families in the Chicago land area. I am looking forward to the food (catered by some of my favorite restaurants) and the guest star Kevin Sharp! Kevin Sharp is a former wish child and is a famous Country Singer. He does so much for the Make a Wish foundation and I think it is amazing he will be there. The celebration will be held in the High School that I attended, so it will be cool for the girls to see my old school. We can't wait to see Anna's wish granters again so that we could thank them for everything they did for us, it has made lasting memories for our whole family we still talk about it often, and will for years I'm sure.

I will try to update soon, probably after we have clinic Thursday. I am going to ask them for a referral to get Anna tested for diabetes (but that is a long story, and I won't worry about it too much until there is something to worry about.)