Sunday, May 15, 2005

Weaning doing great!!!!!

Well, it's been a little over two weeks since we started to wean Anna down on her immunosupressants and it's going very well. We had a little bit of a scare when after one week, Anna woke up in the morning and wasn't acting herself. She is usually real chipper, ready to start her day and wants to eat breakfast right away. She woke up and just wanted to lay down on the couch and watch T.V. No breakfast or anything, complaining of a tummy ache and just wanted to sleep, and did so to the point that I couldn't get her to wake up and stay up. I called her docs and they didn't seem too concerned since she didn't have any other syptoms. Of course I was worried to death, so they went ahead and called in some lab orders to our local hospital. Turned out that right before we left Anna used the bathroom and had the runs, probably the problem. After that she was fine and back to herself, but of course we went ahead and did labs anyway. Thank God they came back perfect, and the worry was gone. We went ahead and repeated labs the other day, and everything still looks great! Now we don't have to go back for another month unless something comes up.

Normally I wouldn't have been worried, but since we just started to wean her Prograf I was extreamly nervous and still am. On the up side it looks like Anna's exzema is clearing up! I think she had it so bad because of being on Prograf, I have noticed a lot of kids post transplant have this skin condition. It seems now that since she is on a lower dose her skin looks a lot better, and less itchy! Anna has also developed a cold and cough, but with her labs looking so good, nobody is worried (well maybe I am a little, I can't help it!)