Saturday, June 23, 2007

Alex Loves Ella

Alexandria has a new favorite movie. Ella Enchanted. This is a lovely movie, we all just love it. It has the familiarity of Cinderella, but with a lot of different fairy tale themes mixed into it. Alex, being a two year old, has seen this about 25 times in the past 2 weeks. As much as I adore this movie, I am thankful that the girls have a tv/dvd combo in their room. Alex has started to know the words to two of the songs in this movie. One is a remake of "Don't go breading my heart", and the other is "Somebody to love." (I think it is a song by "Queen"?) She also dances to them. I haven't been able to REALLY capture it when she REALLY does it. She sees the camera (if only I had an actual video camera) and gets a little shy with it. The quality is not so good, just because I used only my cheep digital camera.


This is her dancing along to "Somebody to Love"


And here she is dancing to "Don't go breaking my Heart" She doesn't like me to sing with her, it can only be her, or she gets mad.



In other news, we got our Kitten Diego neutered last week. Of course, nothing medically in my life can ever just be a "simple procedure." The poor boy only had one dropped testicle, so they had to go in to find the other one before they could neuter him. He was in so much pain when he got home, it took him three hours to crawl out of his carrier. The first place he walked to was his litter box. I had to help him in and out though. My poor baby kitty. To make matters worse, Gizmo my older cat, who was so sad that Diego was gone, must have thought we brought a different cat home. He was hissing and growling at the poor guy. Finally after 5 days, he is starting to accept him again. I don't know why he was acting like that, I thought he would be so happy to see him come home after crying all day for him.

008

007