Monday, February 06, 2006

No Memory

***Update on bottom half***
***Update again on bottom, bottom half***

Ok, sorry guys. I know I was committed to doing Monday Memories every Monday, but I don't have one this week. I had been writing my story little by little during the week, and even having it up by Sunday night, but haven't had that chance this past week. I will try later to maybe have a late Monday, or an early Tuesday memory. Maybe I will skip it all together this week. We'll see how today goes.

For the past few nights I have been up with a sick baby. Alexandria has had a fever on and off for two days. Of course this morning she is great, but I will take her in anyway. It got pretty high so I don't want to take any chances. Also, for a few days Anna has had a cough that is getting worse by the hour. It is starting to affect her sleep now. She woke up last night a few times wanting some cough medicine, and eventually crawled into bed with us last night. I didn't get much sleep, Anna usually takes up the whole bed laying sideways and kicking on us. This morning she isn't able to eat because she is coughing so much. I have been trying to get a hold of our pediatricians office so that I can get both girls in. They don't pick up the phone anymore, they have voice mail now, but if I can't get a hold of them with in the hour, I will call his answering service and have him paged. Wish me luck! I WILL get in.....I promise.

***************************************


Updated from this morning

Ok, back from the doctor. I took Anna's temperature, and it came back at 100.5. I know that this is not very high, but it gave me reason for being more concerned than if it were just a cough. So, I had the doctor paged and he got back to me right away. He asked me to bring them in ASAP because he was booked today. I love our doctor, he put us in a room right away so that the kids weren't exposed to the other sick kids in the waiting room. Turns our Alexandria has an ear infection, so that explains the fevers. Anna has Bronchitis. He gave her a nebulizer treatment. Now both of them are on antibiotics.

I am trying to phone the doctor again now because when I got home I researched bronchitis a little more. I know Mary and Anna had it last year, and it lasted a while but I don't remember them having a fever from it. The doctor said it was contagious, so wouldn't that mean that it would be a viral infection? Aren't they not supposed to give antibiotics for a viral infection? Aren't they only given for a Bacterial infection? Bronchitis can be viral or Bacterial, and a bacterial infection isn't contagious...right? Ok, I am a little confused. I know this stuff!!! Why can't I think straight right now?!

Now Anna has a temperature of 101.5! A degree higher than this morning. Hope the doctor calls back soon!

******************************************


Updated from yesterday

Everything is fine. I always get a little nervous when Anna has a fever that high. I overreacted. Doctor told me that it could be Bacterial, or Viral. He said better to treat her with antibiotics either way when it is Bronchitis. Antibiotics will treat a Bronchial infection, even if it is viral. I just kept thinking that you don't treat a cold with antibiotics, and that's viral. I guess I needed a refresher course.

He told me to call him in the morning if her fever didn't break, and then he would run further tests such as a chest x-ray to rule out pneumonia if she still had a high fever. Before she went to bed her fever went down to 101.3. I thought it should have gone down more after giving her tylenol. I'm such a worry wart. Anna woke up around three in the morning wanting carrots with ranch dressing. Silly girl. She was bright and chipper, way different than yesterday (laying on the couch not eating or drinking) She was back to normal by the time we woke up to get Mary ready for school. No fever. Still coughing a lot, but no fever! Eating fine, drinking fine, being Anna! She was very angry that we kept her home from school and Ballet today though. She told us that she felt all the way better now, and she didn't want to miss what they were doing in school.