Friday, February 03, 2006

I'm getting this

Or am trying to. I came across this the other day. Since I have to renew my license plates this month, I will be getting a brand new set. These plates were thought up in honor of Walter Payton.

To learn more, click on the license plate.
Image hosting by Photobucket

Also, I found this article:

"Payton suffered from a rare liver condition--primary sclerosing cholangitis--but died from bile duct cancer, a side effect of the disease. There is no cure for PSC, but liver transplants often are successful; 75 percent of those with PSC have "a good quality of life after recovery" from a transplant, according to the American Liver Foundation.

Payton, who announced he needed a liver transplant in February, learned he had bile duct cancer in May but chose not to disclose it publicly. While PSC alone can be treated with a liver transplant, bile duct cancer precludes such treatment because the drugs used to help patients adjust to transplants weaken the body's ability to fight cancer. "

**********************************************


I'm not sure if I can change my plate number, but if I can I might try to get that personalized. (igvelfe) or something like that. I will try to come up with a few options in case that is already taken.

People ask me why I am so into this kind of stuff. Well duh. I know Anna got part of my liver, but still. What if I wasn't able to be her donor? Come on people. Whatever I can do to help promote organ donation awareness, I will do!