Monday, December 03, 2007

Not Pneumonia!

Maybe I was being a little dramatic in my last post. I finally went to urgent care yesterday because my fever did in fact, stay high. Also, when I woke up yesterday morning my ears hurt. I was having a flashback from when I was a kid. I got ear infections a lot, and that feeling came back just the way I remember. They said my lungs sounded clear, so they didn't think a chest x-ray was necessary. She said the feeling I am getting when I breath in is just that my lungs are sore and tired and weak from all the coughing I have been doing for the past week. Both my ears are definitely infected, and I am on antibiotics. This morning I woke up with an extremely sore throat. With a flash light I can see that my tonsils are swollen, and I have some white puss pockets in there. My throat didn't hurt at all yesterday, and now it looks like I might have strep throat! URGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! I called the doctor today, and the antibiotics should cover strep throat too if that is what it is. I am not trying to breath on any of my kids today, keeping my coughs to myself as best I can, and using lots of hand sanitizer and Lysol disinfectant spray.

Here is someone who can't leave mommy alone and let me get some rest. She is always by my side, and when I am sick and lying around, she can't function either.