Saturday, August 11, 2007

Dog Sitting


We are in our glory with a dog in our house! Some friends of ours went away for the weekend and we begged them to let us watch their dog, Baily. She is a golden retriever and a beautiful one at that.





It has been a little over a year since we had to get rid of our dog, Annie. Annie was a great dog, but we had to move into a place that doesn't allow dogs, we had no choice. It was one of the hardest things that I ever had to do, she seemed so sad, and the girls were heart broken. Thanks to my good friend, Jenny, we got Annie a great home where she is spoiled rotten! She lives with a single Man, he revolves his whole world around "our dog" and we are so grateful to him for that. Jenny even works with Annie's new owner, Paul, and she gets to see Annie once in a while. At first I thought that we would schedule some visitations with her, but as time went by I wondered if that might not be such a good idea. I started thinking that all it would do is stir up some emotions in the girls, and maybe even in Annie. Paul said that she went through a period of depression, being taken away from the only family she knew for 6 years. We are just letting Annie and Paul be happy with each other. Just knowing that she is alive and well makes me happy. You still can't bring her up to Mary without Mary putting on the water works.

Anyway, I forgot how nice it is to have a dog around. I don't think I realized until now how much of a dog person I am. Don't get me wrong, I love my cats, but dogs are just totally different. You have to earn a cat's love, but dogs love you unconditionally. The girls haven't left the poor thing alone since the moment she walked in the house. They want her to play all the time, we have to remind them to let her rest! We have taken her outside to play so many times, and take her for nice long walks. She slept with Jason and I last night, thank God we have a king size bed! Her owners warned us that she might not eat because of being in a strange place, but she is eating just fine! I think she likes us! I think we might not answer the door when they come home tomorrow night! I haven't even heard her bark once, my landlord would never know!

010