Thursday, March 02, 2006

Things that make you go Mmmm.....

This evening I was in the kitchen doing the dishes while the kids are were in the living room. Anna had an unopened sucker sitting on the coffee table. I reminded her earlier to not leave it lying around and to put it away until after dinner. Maybe she thought she might forget about it? Who knows, but that sucker just had to sit there and wait for her! Anna has her own reasoning for doing the things she does. Anyway, silence breaks. I turn off the water to listen. Every mother knows that silence isn't necessarily a good thing. All of the sudden I hear Alexandria humming Mmmmm, very loudly, and with a lot of passion. I walked into the living to find Alexandria indulging in Anna's heart shaped sucker that she received from one of her classmates at school on Valentines day. She must have unwrapped the sucker herself because nobody other than me, was aware that Alexandria existed at that moment. Anna was in her bedroom, and Mary was reading on the couch. She was loving every lick of that sucker. I didn't have the heart to take it away from her. It didn't' matter that she was making a flaming red, baby drool mess. Anna didn't even mind when I called her out of her room to take a look. I thought for sure that Anna would go ballistic! We all had a good laugh at Alexandria's first real taste of supper sweet candy! She Mmmmed her way through that whole darn thing!

And while I am on the subject of cute kid things...This one made me laugh too!
Jason has a pair of Michael Jordan shoes. As he was putting them on the other day and Anna got very happy. Anna is always happy when he wears those shoes. The reason is because it's one pair of shoes and they are actually two different colors. I mean, one is red, with white trim, and the other the exact opposite, and he purchased them that way! Anna is always up to wearing the most funky, fun things. She can't just wear plain socks, they have to be bright, or have some kind of design on them. Like Christmas socks in the summer time. So, Jason went into detail, and tells her that they were Michael Jordan's shoes, and what a great basketball player he is, blah, blah, blah! (Jason is very passionate when it comes to sports) After he is done telling Michael Jordan's life story;) Anna asks him, very seriously, "So, Michael Jordan gave YOU his shoes?"