Thursday, February 02, 2006

Feeling sad......Maybe a little guilty


Thankful Thursday: What Sarah is thankful for this week


First off I want to let you know that this is my first Thankful Thursday. I haven't thought much about blogging lately. I have been busy with the kids as always. Yesterday I was feeling sorry for myself all day. I don't know why, but I have been in this crappy mood that I just can't shake. Jason hasn't been doing great at work, and as he is looking for another job we are getting far behind on a lot of our bills. He is getting discouraged because he has been turned down for a few "good" jobs. I know he feels as if he has let us down, and that is probably my fault that he feels this way. Because I grew up in a big house, I often comment on how I hate that the girls have grown up in an apartment. We have little space. Jason, on the other hand, has never lived in a house, his whole life! Maybe he wants it more than I do. He feels that he has let me down, and let the girls down.

Late last night and this morning I was catching up on some blogs, and fellow Liver friends. I just learned that our local liver friend, Annika is bleeding again. She just got to go back home after being in the hospital since before Thanksgiving. Everything was looking good for her, then all of the sudden she spiked a high temperature and had to be admitted again. Then, another local liver friend, Natalie who is approaching her 1 year transplant anniversary, had to be admitted due to high biliruben. That is a huge red flag for liver/transplant patients. She also had been doing good. Just like that. Prayers for these kids, please. Both of them have had a bumpy road since their transplants.

So, what the heck am I complaining for? I might not have everything that I want, but we are all healthy and we have each other. Anything could happen. Anna has been doing well yes, but anything can happen. Just like that. I hate that I have taken her for granted while I was feeling sorry for myself. How selfish of me. Why am I dwelling on the things we don't have? This is what I am thankful for this Thursday:

Anna's health.

My whole family's health.

Jason.

The sweetest, most beautiful little girls.

A warm house.

Food.

All things that I take for grated.

My life isn't so bad. We go through hard times, but with our love for each other, we get through.



Links to other Thankful Thursdays



(If you participate, leave your link in the comments and I'll post it below; or, you can post in the comments)

Mamma's Life

Running2Ks



Click here for the Thankful Thursday code
Click here for Running2Ks blog


Trackbacks, pings, and comment links are accepted and encouraged!